Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You Go Girl!

We (as in me really) have slacked off this summer in Lucy's reading. So I decided to take an idea my friend Christina L had been doing with her little Sarah who is trying to have no accidents at night. It is the Super Special Surprise Box!!! If Lucy reads 7 books (sometimes less if a book is really really long I count it as two) she gets to pick out a super special surprise. I got a few Polly Pocket cars and Littlest Pet Shops that I knew she wanted and then took her to the dollar store to pick out $10 worth of prizes she wanted-including candy which is a super surprise because I am not buying it anymore, its just for special occasions. She was so excited she helped decorate the box. In the last three days we have been reading so much! She has already been able to choose 3 prizes!!! I am so proud of her and she never begs or whines for an extra prize, she only begs and whines to read. A mother couldn't ask for more!
I just found this pic on my camera-thought it was cute! (I know I know Hanna Montana is the devil but Lucy just loves her so much)

4 comments:

Jodee said...

That is a cute idea!

Sam and Josh said...

That is a great idea. I mught just have to use it for my kids to read more.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

What a good idea.

Kate said...

Great idea! As for the Hannah Montana, I know exactly what you mean - my girls love her too. I'm not sure why, but they do.