Friday, August 29, 2008

The First Week of School

Well we all made it through the first week of school. It has definitely been a roller coaster. Adam and I have accepted that Lucy is big now, but I have to say I think Lucy is a bit overwhelmed by everything. I had to blog the sweet/sad thing that happened today when I picked her up from school. Lucy was yelling "Bye Ashlee" to her favorite school friend but Ashlee couldn't hear her. She yelled twice more but still Ashlee didn't hear and got into her car with her dad. For all of you that don't know Lucy well that is a majorly brave thing for her to do-to yell goodbye several times to a friend. She always waits for the other person to say hi or bye first. Anyways she turned to me and started tearing up because Ashlee never said goodbye back. Lucy was literally crushed. But that's is life and I had to explain that Ashlee just couldn't hear her. Lucy is so sensitive which is part of the reason her going to school is so hard on me. But she got over it and all is well. That is life right?

I did have to post her first assignment and brag a little. She had to circle all of the things that could be red-notice the tree? Lucy told both her teacher and me that some trees turn red in the fall. I was so proud! Notice the check plus AND the super AND the star?! What can I say she is a genius.

4 comments:

JT and Kristin said...

What a cutie! So smart about the tree. I wouldn't have thought of that:)

Janelle said...

That is so cute. I love that you posted her assignment. I know I am going to feel exactly the same way you do when Jett starts school. I'll just be waiting on pins and needles hoping his feeling don't get crushed. You have good perspective, though. That is life.

Janelle said...

Thanks for letting me copy your blog designer ;). I tried changing mine to a Pyzaam template and it totally didn't work. That site you used is great and so easy. Thanks, trend-setter!

Anonymous said...

What a smart girl! And quite the risk taker too. Too bad her friend didn't hear her. That's tough.