
All ready for school (nervous hands)!

In the car on the way to school

In front of Alex Sanger Elementary

Now in from of the school sign

Lucy with her teaher, Mrs Hansen, whom she loves loves loves.

Lucy at her table, when I am leaving and not looking so sure that she is goning to like school much (at this point I almost picked her up and ran out of the school with her-good thing Adam was there and would'nt let me). Lucy actually let me give her a hug and kiss goodbye in front of the other kids!
Yep that's right and thanks to all those who asked how Adam and I handled it. I think we did as well as could be expected-no even better. I think it was the night before that I had emailed my sisters and told them that she has been my little companion for the last 5 and a half years-she was always with me what was I going to do with out her? I really felt like I was loosing a part of me that will never come back. Super dramatic but really once school starts it feels like early childhood is definitely over.
Adam took the day off so he could also take Lucy to her first day of school. I thought we would all cry but we didn't! I thought one of us (meaning Adam or me) would have to be dragged out of the school kicking and screaming. But we didn't! Lucy did so great and I think so did we!!! She was nervous and of course couldn't eat breakfast. She did get a good night sleep the night before though. She was excited for her new clothes and backpack but definitely scared too. She did great, she loves Mrs. Hansen, and can hardly wait to start her Spanish class (yep she gets to learn another language).
The first thing she said to me when I picked her up was "I Love School". She even learned something new the first day-that she likes peanut butter! So all in all it was a great day. We celebrated by going to Red Lobster-her fav and then a family bike ride by the lake.
PS We weren't the ONLY parents video taping her going in and coming out when school was over:)
7 comments:
So exciting for Lucy! She looks so cute for her first day of school! It is crazy to think that she is already in school! She is such a doll and will have a great year! Hope you guys are well, we love reading about your family. Tell Adam hello from Casey!
*** Where did you find her blue Mary Janes???... so cute.. I am looking for a pair for Av.
I got the shoes from gymboree-go now cause they are part of the uniform/back to school section and I dont think they will get more in .
Thanks Val... I have a 20% coupon there, hopefully I can use it on those shoes. I love your new bedroom set. It is really beautiful. I am glad you guys had a wonderful 10 year anniversary!
Awe... I am getting a little nervous myself for Madison to start school again... But I think I am more worried about what I will do with this crazy 2 year old by myself! I LOVE the bedroom! I am so due for a new set, well actually, any set at all would be better than our mattress on boxsprings handed down from my parents... Yikes!
Yay for Lucy, Yay for kindergarten! I like her uniform too.
It's so hard!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who freaks out a little about kids going to school. It's scary! But then they have so much fun and learn so much it makes you feel better. But I still cry sometimes. I won't lie. :)
She look so cute. I can't believe she is starting school. Looks like she had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment