Last night (Monday) I finally checked the mail and found a package for me!!! At our house we LOVE packages (hint hint). It was from one of my oldest friends Carrie. And guess what it was?! My very own Randall style Easter basket:)!!!! Ok here's the story. We grew up living across the street from each other. Every Easter I would PRAY that she would call me to play after church because they had (in my opinion) the BESTEST Easter baskets filled with the coolest candies. I love my mom but fancy divinity eggs with our names piped on and beautiful speckled jelly beans were not what I thought, as an 8 year old, awesome. I thought it was pretty but I wanted the good stuff ie Reese's peanut butter cups. I told Carrie about this a year ago. She and Jolaine (her mama) laughed so hard. They had no idea I envied their Easter baskets-Carrie's bro actually thought they got lame baskets. How wrong he was. Anyways Carrie remembered and sent me a basket this year with a wonderful note that made me cry:) Thank you Carrie-I love the candy but it really is the thought that counts.
No comments:
Post a Comment