Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Results Are In!!!!!

Okay I know it says there are 2 more days to vote, but I have made up my mind, thanks in part to the comments left by those who have great taste!!! I am keeping the shams. I have fallen in love with them and cant quite picture my grown up room without them:) For those of you who do not like them, well you probably don't like the spread either. And that's okay. I will help you with you style and tastes issues later! j/k (remember that from like Jr high-just kidding?!) So what really sealed the deal other than Adam and I really do like them and think they go just smashingly? The comment from Darcie. She is my oldest/dearest friend and if I cant trust her opinion whose can I trust? So that got me thinking to some pics I recently found cleaning out my chest that went with my old furniture. So I had to share pics with Darcie and me and some of what we have been through together. You are welcome Darc! PS (to darcie): Music remind you of anything

Top: Young Women's 4th year hike, I think the year was 94'
Middle: McCall, ID. The canoe trip from "you know where".
Bottom: Debra, me, and Darcie at Girl's Camp
Side: It was a pic of me, Darcie, and the other two bros, (ie. Diego and seminary teacher who I can't even pretend to remember his name-Johnson maybe?) but I totally cut them out so we could all see my great hair and make-up along with our stylish shorts.

These are all EFY pics-when Darcie and I became so soo much more spiritual than all of our friends in Bountiful. Really they hold some really awful memories but who am I to rob the world of these glorious pics?
Top Left: Me, some kid, Darcie
Top Right: Me in Annalee's (was that her name?) glasses
Bottom Left: Darcie in Annalee's glassed
Bottom Right: Our girl group at EFY and those two weird guys that liked me-what was up with that???

6 comments:

Darcie said...

Whoa- weird memory lane! Isn't Jr. High just horribly awkward? I loved the post- how could I not since it was so much about me? J/K
How could I forget the Alanis concert. Though I would really like to forget that EFY- funny that it kind of has creepy memories for us. And we were soo cheesy when we got home from that! Also love the posed girls camp shots. I'm glad we were such dorks together!
Love ya

Jodee said...

Nice pics Val, I always love seeing old pictures of people, such fun. As for Bring it on... yes, it's true! Sad, but true! And the tutu's, I just looked here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambrosialove/522118984/
let me know if that works, if not, email me and I can fill you in on the details if you want.

Jodee said...

ps- the more tulle you have the better, it looks best when it is fuller

Jodee said...

Again, Yes, it's good! watch it again and really listen to the dialogue; funny stuff, I swear!

Anyway, for the tutu's I really can't remember. I know for the ribbon I just took Madison, measured it around her waist so it fit loosely and has space for a bow to tie and then got that much for 2 other girls since they were about the same size. As for the tulle, I can't really remember the exact amound, I think it was about 3-4 yards per girl but we were able to fold it in half and cut down the middle so it ended up being 6-8 yards. Does that make sense? I would error on the "too much" side because you want to pack it on there so it's fluffy! We did 3 different colors, it was cute. But, beware, the girls couldn't really do the knott/wrap maneuver so I ended up making all three of them... Luckily they go quick, by the time Barbie and the Island Princess was over, I had three dancing girls in new tutus!

Janelle said...

I love those pics, Val. It is so funny how familiar you guys look in those outfits :) I always thought you two were so stylin'!

Emily said...

I'm SO laughing at your pants. . .
good times.