Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Birthday!

October 9th was Grey's first bday. Adam and I can hardly believe that it has already been a year. Of course it made us reminisce about his birth story. He was born in Jackson, CA. So we flew out with Lucy and my parents and missed his birth, but Adam and I got to see him that night around midnight. I still remember walking around the corner of the maternity ward and seeing a nurse holding a baby. I knew it was our baby. It was so strange to hold him for the first time. It truly felt like a dream. A wonderful dream but I just kept thinking this cant be real. Of course we went to the hospital the next morning and this time Lucy got to see him too.


This really has been an incredible year. Grey has brought so much joy and happiness, its amazing to think how much love one little boy has brought to our family. We love being a family of four. Grey is really such a happy little boy. He is very clinging to me (mom) but I really love it. He is 100% boy which I don't think Adam and I were really prepared for. Honestly we just laugh and laugh watching all of the crazy things he does. Grey loves his big sister and Lucy has really enjoyed being a big sister. Don't get me wrong there has been some jealousy and tantrums because of little bother. And Lucy more than once has wished his was a little sister. But she loves him so much and plays with him so well. They are amazing to watch together. They really make each other's lives better!


We had a little party for him the night of his bday. We had his favorite friends over: Penelope, Zoe, Jonathan, Sara, and Clayton. My mom thought I was crazy when I said his "favorite friends", but he knows each of them and always gets so excited to see them and play with them. I don't think Grey really understood that it was a party for him. He had so much fun though eating a little cupcake and ice cream and opening presents. The best part though was just having people around who love him as much as we do. He loved playing with toys with all of his little buddies.

We had a monkey party with a cake to match! My friend and neighbor Amanda made the cake with a little of my help. It was definitely a hit.

I made a plate of cupcakes with #1's on them. I thought it would be easier for Grey to eat and enjoy. Initially he wasn't so sure but after a little of Daddy's help dug right in.
NO MORE CAKE!

Big Sis and Sara

Presents!!!! So glad sister was there to help. Grey got some great gifts. He loved the Jack in the Box and the Little People garage. So fun:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! You guys did an AWESOME job on that cake. Missed you on the bike ride this morning

Leah said...

Happy Birthday, Gray! He gets cuter by the day. I love the cake pics that's my favorite part of first birthdays. What a blessing this last year has truely been for you guys.

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday little Grey! He is so adorable! Don't you just love a mamas boy? Beckham is a total mama's boy and I eat it up!
Best wishes for another wonderful year!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Happy Birthday! Has it really been a year? I love the monkey cake.

Amber Ayres said...

what a fun idea to do a monkey birthday. Amanda did a fancy cake! it looks awesome! he's such a cute little boy. glad it went well

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday, Grey!

Darcie said...

Gray is 1!! Happy Birthday! We loved your monkey theme- great cake. You guys are such a cute fam