Saturday, June 7, 2008

We're Here Y'all

One of many food stops-as you can tell the kids had had it with the car.

In a hotel-plastic bags, not a good toy but after 3 days in a car I guess its okay for a Grandma to get desperate.
"We're in Texas!", Lucy was yelling at some random gas station.
Our first night in our new apartment and Lucy made dinner for all of us.
So we made it! We just got our Internet hooked up today so I thought I would update y'all. Updates: No furniture just living on the floor. Pool is great but a baby (not Grey) pooped in it so they had to totally drain the whole pool to clean it. Met a neighbor who is also a cute young Mormon mom. Love the trail that goes along the lake. Found IKEA and Costco. And as of an hour ago we became members of the Dallas Arboretum. We spent the day there and had so much fun. Can hardly wait for Lucy's half day camps start up.
So glad we made it safe and sound but waiting for our stuff is driving us all a little crazy. We are excited to make Dallas feel like home.

4 comments:

Jodee said...

yay! I am so glad you are safe and are already having fun!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Welcome home! How exciting to finally be there. When does Adam start his program?

Sam and Josh said...

I am so glad you made it. It is nice to be there I am sure and out of the car. That is not fun especially with little ones, but it looks like they survived.

The George's said...

I'm so excited you made it. I can't wait to hear about all your new, wonderful adventures in Texas. I think once anyone lives there, you're always a Texan at heart. Good luck with everything!