So I officially felt like my friend Cher this week. We had our first rummage sale or what you westerners call a yard sale. I even used craigslist to advertise-which is so Cher. And it was so fun! We made some dough, got totally sunburned (even my bottom lip which I swear now looks like that Bubba shrimp guy on Forrest Gump!), and ate way too many girl scout cookies-so good. Adam had the week off so it was a Friday and Saturday sale and we felt like it was very successful. I made 6 batches of cherry suckers and cheesecake suckers for Lucy to sell, it was her first selling experience, and she did great. All of the neighborhood kids are asking when the next batches will be ready. We only have 5 suckers left out of 70.
Dallas Update: We have finally decided where to move to. We are going back to an apartment which is a little scary but we can hardly wait for the pool, jogging trail to the lake, the lake, fitness room in winter, me feeling secure when Ad is on call at the hospital, and the close location to the hospital and school. Lucy's school is about a mile away and we can hardly wait to see her in the school uniform. I told her that she will have to wear navy blue bottoms and white or navy tops. She informed me that she does not look good in blue, that she looks good in pink. I was also able to talk to the bishop of our soon to be ward and he said it would be a good move for us. We don't think Ad will fly out to look at it so lets all cross our fingers that Val likes it!
Adoption Update: We really think we have everything in to the judge. He is being really picky about things but hope to have a court date by the end of this week. Grey is of course already ours but it will be so nice when all of the legal stuff is out of the way.
Grey Update: He LOVES his Yobaby yogurt!!!! Still no fruits or veggies.


6 comments:
I like the sound of a Rumage sale better than yard sale. Good luck with everything. Are you going out to Utah this summer. I'll be in Utah for the first three weeks of July. I'd love to see you guys.
I am glad you made some moolaa this weekend. I need to have a little yard sale soon. Grey is soooooooo stinkin cute! Good luck with your move!
Miss Lucy looks just adorable selling her suckers! Good luck with the move, Dallas will be blessed to have such a great family!
hey val! so good to see your little ones! too cute! i can't believe how big lucy has gotten! seems like just yesterday she was still in her crib in her cute little room in owings mills! take care. em
by the way- i need your email address so i can add you to our blog...
in middle school i burnt my bottom lip as well and it got huge. i didn't think with my big lips that was possible, but now i know it is. i should have warned you. glad your sell was successful, you have a place in dallas, and your leagal stuff with grey is almost through. i am going to have to try one of those suckers that lucy sold someday.
I guess I'm famous with my craigslisting and tag sale-ing, or should I say infamous? Your kiddies are so cute and you are such a good mom...
Post a Comment