Yep I know this pic is sideways, but I took it that way so its going to stay that way. Tonight was of course another homework night for all three of us. Grey absolutely LOVES being like Mama and Sis so even when his preschool teacher doesn't send worksheets home to do we work in his book. It has been such an interesting process teaching both of my children how to read and write. Lucy caught on so so quickly. She recognized letters and words at a very young age while it has been a very difficult process for Grey. He still calls letters numbers and the alphabet song is still not memorized. I do think his struggles with speech have contributed to his struggle with learning. But he is accomplishing something every day and we are both so excited when that happens. Even holding the pencil correctly for an entire page is big. What I love about the first pic, well the two things I love, are that he drew a pic of a zebra. And he LOVES zebras. The second thing I love is that you can see his adorable brown fingers in the corner anxiously waiting to turn the page to the next worksheet. To me that is a MAJOR accomplishment-him wanting to do a third sheet.

This pic is my confession pic. Yep, I bribe my kids with candy. I have been really good about not buying so many processed and sugary treats for us to snack on, but a little incentive to do homework, pick up toys, or put away the dishes is A-ok with me. PLUS, Daddy is a pediatric dentist-he can fix it. BUT they do have to brush their teeth after the treats so I am not too worried.

And finally...I am not sure if I posted a pic of this when I posted pics of our home, but this has become(as I knew it would)my fav spot in my house. It is our schoolwork wall. Honestly the best part of being a mom to littles is the awesome artwork or 100% on assignments. LOVE. (FYI the numbers above the shelves-yes old metal shelves I painted and have used as magnet boards-are our address. It represents our home and I love love)

Alright time for bed after a night of online quizzes and scholarship applications for Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment