Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ruth's New Bike Part 2

I had previously posted my friend Ruth's post about her new bike and our ride around the lake.  Well when she found out, wasn't mad but thought we should each (as in Kristin and I) also write a post about the experience from our own perspective.  So here's mine:

My friend Ruth finally got her new road bike so we for sure had to try it out first thing the next morning.  We needed to start by 7:45 no later so her hubby could make his meetings.  I rode the 4.5 miles from our house to our meeting spot.  I got there EXACTLY on time.  She wasn't there yet.  Kristin rides up a minute later.  Still no Ruth.  Not super surprised cause she is not a morning person.  8 o'clock rolls around and there she is.  FINALLY she shows up a little groggy and very loopy thanks to Benedryl!  So off we go.  It is so fun to finally have friends to ride with.  I get a flat, my first flat on a ride EVER.  But luckily Kristin is there who coincidentally was a bike mechanic before her full time job as Mom.  So yes I did ask her to fix my flat because the last time I did it (which was also the first time) it took me a full hour.  Seriously.  Every time I called Kristin for directions she could not believe that I was still fixing my flat.  Any how I tried to help as in pump the tube a little but it was hard y'all.  I have zero upper body strength.  But I tried to support and encourage her:)  It rocked because all these men kept riding past offering help but we women did NOT need it.  That's right who needs 'em?  So K got it fixed lickity split and off we went.  Oh but the best part which I forgot to mention is that none of us had our kids.  Usually at least one of us has a kid or two in a trailer behind.  So fun to not have any stopping, whining, or fighting: Congrats Ruth on your new bike!  As for pics look below.  #1 The Bike  #2  Ruth and The Bike  #3  Kristin trying to manually inflate the tube and me giving her the "thumbs up great job dude"  #4  Totally me looking like K's slave driver....made me laugh and laugh cause I realized that was probably how I was really acting  #5  K hard at work.  She ROCKS!  #6 Ruth just enjoin' the ride:)

No comments: