This may be the last time I pull Grey....he's BIG!!!! We had a strong headwind and I had to push out of the saddle and still only went 10mph. Sad! But he still LOVES it, in fact he's better in the trailer now than when he was younger. So maybe I will, as long as he still fits :)



Had to add this: Grey's FIRST bike!!!!! Pedaling is still difficult, but Adam has been trying to teach him this past week. Lets hope Grey catches on.

.....Did I mention I LOVE this boy?!
4 comments:
Val! I have to tell you about the greatest way to teach kids how to ride a bike. Maybe you have heard about it. It has helped all our kids to ride super fast, and stress-free! Just take off the training wheels, and take off the pedals. (They actually make cute little bikes with no pedals for this purpose.) Just let Grey coast around for awhile, cruising up and down the sidewalk, on hills, etc. The hardest thing to learn is the balance part, and training wheels make them all wonky. So then, once he can coast with his feet up and out to the sides, put his pedals back on and he'll totally be able to ride away into the sunset almost immediately. Just a tidbit from the Lambert files. Owen learned how to ride when he was 2, and Jake was barely 3.
Also, you are seriously tough. Just think about how easy LOTOJA will be if you've been training by pulling a kid around! ;)
Hope you are doing great!
Hey Brooke grey has been riding a Strider for 2 yrs now. The problem is is that now that he has pedals he has no idea what to do with them:)
Oh, crappy! I guess my kids always rode a big wheel or trike first... Well, then, all my great ideas for Grey are not that great! ;) Glad I could sound like a big know-it-all for you, and you already know the system. I just love to tell people about it because it's been so easy, and training wheels make it so much harder. Anyway, I'm sure Grey will be doing it in no time at all.
Finn's been riding around on his pedal-less bike a little bit, but he still wants his nasty old broken down big wheel that's been passed around the neighborhood kids. Whatever. He can keep riding in the chariot with Harper for awhile... His 40 pounds are making me stronger!
Thats the only reason why I like the chariot-doubles my mileage!!!! And Grey seems to like it more now than when he was younger-go figure!!!! I wish the strider program worked for Grey:( He is finally starting to get the hang of pedaling-sort of.......
Post a Comment