
We have had the wonderful opportunity this past year of taking Grey to the ER for googly-eye stuffed in the ear, dislocated thumbs, RSV. But yesterday was the first dental emergency. Adam has been dreading this day since the day Grey was born. He hit his two front teeth. Chipped one the other is loose and has turned black:( So we "snuck" into Children's Hospital (technically we shouldn't have gone in and used the equipment, laughing gas, etc) and Grey had his first trip to the dentist. Don't let the pic fool you. It was not fun and Grey did NOT smile the whole time. I had to get in the chair and he laid on top of me. I held his legs with my legs and held his arms and hands. He did NOT like having his tooth filed down. The sound was NOT relaxing and the laughing gas did NOT make anyone laugh. After a minute Adam decided it was not worth the trauma (to him NOT Grey-Adam just couldn't take making his baby scream). So I have THAT child. The one you see and think his parents need to take batter care of him and need to take him to the dentist. Little do they know his DAD is a Pediatric Dentist (well he will be officially next week!). Uggghhhh. I know it could be so much worse.......
3 comments:
Poor Baby! Evie has chipped her front teeth, knocked them loose and one is now a little gray. At least they'll fall out eventually. I can't believe Adam is graduating next week. Where are you guys heading now? We only have one more year here before we go out into the "real world". I would love to call and catch up- shoot me an email with your #. Miss you girl!
Sorry to hear that. Poor little guy. How are you doing Val? Been thinking about you a lot lately.
Val,
You probably don't remember me, but I'm going to comment anyway. I totally know how you feel. I always made fun of people with "hillbilly" teeth--probably because I am technically a hillbilly--and NOW I have a daughter with about a million silver caps on her teeth. Yeah--it really sucks when you have to eat your own words! auuggh! :)
Post a Comment